Requesting Space

How do I get greenhouse space?

The CALS greenhouses are available primarily for research projects.  We do not rent to non-university projects, though when space is available we may consider accepting projects from within other areas of the University or other educational groups and charities.  We are not available for private industry or personal use.

The greenhouse is usually very full for the late fall through early spring, and requests for space should be made well in advance, especially during this period.  A month or more of notice is preferable.  Contact the greenhouse manager (Lynn Hummel @, or call at 608-265-8053) to reserve space.  You will need to tell him your expected starting and ending date, the amount of space you will need, and any special considerations for the project (special temperature/lighting considerations, etc.)